Posted on: 14 July 2015
The go-to food for a child's birthday party is pizza, and there are plenty of reasons why. Pizza is relatively inexpensive, requires very little effort in serving and most kids love it. So instead of just serving pizza, why not turn your child's birthday party into a celebration of this wonderful, versatile and beloved food?
Order as many plain cheese pizzas as you will need to serve the crowd you are expecting at the party. You might want to order extra pizza with toppings for the adults.
Separate the kids' pizzas into slices, so they are easier to pick up.
This is where you can get creative. Kids love to try new things, so give them an opportunity to see what all kinds of foods would taste like on a pizza. Here are some ideas for starters.
- peanut butter (be sure none of your guests has a peanut allergy)
- gummy candy
- apples, strawberries or other fresh fruit
- cheese crackers
- marshmallow fluff
- deli meats
- potato chips
Place all toppings in bowls on a table, and allow guests to create their own one of a kind pizza slice. They will have fun trying different combinations and attempting to disgust their friends.
Serve pizza flavored chips or crackers as a side dish or something to munch on as guests arrive.
Provide some pizza related games for your young guests to enjoy either before or after the food is served.
- "Pin the Pepperoni on the Pizza" is just like the classic game. Blindfold kids and have them stick a paper piece of pepperoni on a paper pizza you have hung on the wall.
- Create PIZZA Bingo cards and let kids play for prizes.
- Older kids can play pizza trivia. Ask kids questions like where pizza originated (Naples) and the most popular pizza topping (pepperoni, but most people order plain).
Of course your birthday cake should be decorated to look like a pizza. Use a neutral colored icing that looks like pizza crust and then put a circle of red icing in the center for the sauce. Shaved white chocolate looks like cheese, and you can shape fondant into pepperoni or any kind of topping you want.
A pizza themed party is a fun way to celebrate a child who enjoys pizza. It is also easy to create and can be done at your home or the location of your choice. Enjoy some pizza fun at your child's next birthday party! If you're looking for a restaurant to order the pizza from for your party, contact Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.Share